Vibrant Faith MasterClass
Develop practical knowledge and skills for faith formation through our new MasterClass format
Explore themes and issues central to transforming the way we envision and design faith formation for all ages and generations in the 21st century.
Offered online at Vibrant Faith Catalyst.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact John Roberto at email@example.com
What’s a Vibrant Faith MasterClass?
A Vibrant Faith MasterClass is a focused look at one aspect of lifelong faith formation, presented by an expert teacher, that incorporates both the Why? and How? of the subject. Our goal is to enhance your knowledge, skills, and confidence for leading faith formation that transforms people and communities.
Each Vibrant Faith MasterClass is taught by nationally recognized leaders in Christian faith formation who are experienced educators, authors, consultants, and program designers.
What does a MasterClass include?
Each Vibrant Faith MasterClass includes. . . .
• A Live Presentation by the MasterClass Teacher (90 minutes, recorded so you can view it again with your team)
• A Question & Answer Live Session with the MasterClass Teacher (60 minutes, offered twice)
• Resources for your Ministry: Articles, tools, and resources to apply the MasterClass to your setting
What do I need to participate?
Each MasterClass is offered online at Vibrant Faith Catalyst.
You will join Catalyst (free) and then enroll in your MasterClass.
You will need access to high-speed internet and a computer, laptop, or tablet with audio for the Live Sessions. (A camera is helpful but not required.)
How much does a MasterClass cost?
The tuition is $50.00 per MasterClass.
All registrations are on Eventbrite.
Teacher: Rev. Kyle Oliver
Learn how to use digital approaches in faith formation by exploring models and methods of digital and hybrid (virtual and physical) faith formation and experiencing digital tools and media to use in faith forming experiences and activities.
Discover digital platforms and tools (website, social media, video, and audio creation tools) to use in your church.
• Live Presentation with Kyle Oliver:
Monday, February 10, 2020 at 12 noon Eastern time (90 minutes)
• Live Q&A with Kyle Oliver: Thursday, February 27 at 12 noon or 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)
Teacher: Debbie Streicher
Explore how the meaningful, memorable moments in our lives (milestones) can become pivotal times when all ages can embrace an opportunity to be together and recognize God in that moment. Discover a variety of ways to create milestone moments in both age-appropriate and intergenerational settings that can take place at church, at home, in small groups and/or in the larger community.
• Live Presentation with Debbie Streicher: Wednesday, March 4 at 12 noon Eastern time (90 min.)
• Live Q&A with Debbie Streicher: Wednesday, March 11 at 12 noon or 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)
Teacher: Dr. Kathie Amidei
Learn how to use a variety of strategies for becoming a more intentional intergenerational faith forming community by 1) utilizing intergenerational events and experiences to form faith in all ages, 2) connecting the generations, 3) infusing intergenerational relationships and experiences into church life and programs, and 4) designing new intergenerational programs and experiences.
• Live Presentation with Dr. Kathie Amidei: Wednesday, March 18 at 12 noon Eastern time (90 min.)
• Live Q&A with Dr. Kathie Amidei: Wednesday, March 25 at 12 noon or 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)
Teacher: Michael Droege
Explore some of the most important issues facing faith formation with adolescents today and discover strategies and resources for addressing these issues and promoting the faith grow of young people.
• Live Presentation with Michael Droege: Wednesday, April 22, 12 noon Eastern time (90 minutes)
• Live Q&A with Michael Droege: Wednesday, April 29 at 12 noon or 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)
Teacher: Leif Kehrwald
Discover strategies and ideas for how congregations can equip and support families as they grow in foundational relationship with each other, grow in spiritual relationship with God, and grow in communal relationship with their congregation.
• Live Presentation with Leif Kehrwald: Thursday, May 7 at 12 noon Eastern time (90 minutes)
• Live Q&A Session with Leif Kehrwald: Thursday, May 14 at 12 noon or 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)
Teacher: Rev. Kathy Pittenger
Learn how to personalize faith formation by creating pathways of discipleship and faith growth to help individuals and families discern their religious needs and interests, and chart their future faith growth. Develop the skills needed to design a pathways tool for a target audience and to create playlists of faith forming content and experiences to accompany the pathways tool.
• Live Presentation with Kathy Pittenger: Tuesday, May 19 at 12 noon Eastern time (90 minutes)
• Live Q&A Session with Kathy Pittenger: Tuesday, May 26 at 12 noon and 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)
Teacher: Jim Merhaut
Discover the specific steps and strategies team leaders can take to build high levels of commitment among team members and produce extraordinary results in their work. Explore the theory and practice of team building and teamwork from the recruitment phase to the celebrating-results phase; and also explore learn how to handle those inevitable bumps in the road that happen when two or more people work together.
• Live Presentation with Jim Merhaut: Thursday, June 4th, 12 noon Eastern time 90 minutes)
• Live Q&A with Jim Merhaut: Thursday, June 11 at 12 noon and 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)
Teacher: Dr. Nancy Going
Learn how to help families to see Visual Faith as an easy and fun practice to start faith conversations, engage scripture and do those things at a whole new level. Learn the “science” behind why pairing images with faith conversations and bible reading makes such a big difference for people. Become familiar with tools and ideas to share with the families at your church that will make Visual Faith an accessible and do-able practice in lots of different settings for people of all ages.
• Live Presentation with Dr. Nancy Going: Week of June 15
• Live Q&A with Dr. Nancy Going: Tuesday, June 30 at 12 noon and 7 pm Eastern time (60 minutes)