Many faith communities struggle to best equip and support parents, and people who serve in the role of parents, as they nurture children’s spiritual development and religious education. Research proves, over and over, that parents are the most important influence on a child’s faith. But it’s been a challenge for churches to easily equip parents to confidently take up this important and holy practice.
Practical Tools for Raising Faithful Kids bridges the gap between knowledge and practice in parents who want to influence their kids toward a deeper faith.
Practical Tools for Raising Faithful Kids is a collaboration between Sarah Allred, Associate for Christian Formation & Discipleship in Lifelong Learning at Virginia Theological Seminary, and the Vibrant Faith team. This 6-session resource provides a comprehensive community-building experience for parents and anyone who loves kids. It’s designed for small groups or adult education contexts, and is a hybrid resource that works online or in-person.
Practical Tools for Raising Faithful Kids
Who is this resource for:
- Parents, Grandparents, Godparents, and anyone involved in the lives of children
- Small Groups
- Youth Ministry Leaders
- Church Leaders
What you’ll receive:
- 6 lessons designed for hybrid-learning formats
- A User Guide
- An Editable Leader Guide
- An Editable Participant Guide
A Slide Deck for Each Lesson
What Your Community Gains:
- Parents will learn how to speak confidently about faith practices at home, increasing their capacity to encourage their children toward a deeper faith in God.
- They’ll get a supportive process for instilling the language and practice of faith at home and the confidence to begin to embed those experiences into their homes.
- They’ll get basic tools for sharing faith practices with children of a variety of ages.
- Creation – Paying Attention to God In Creation (Parents & Kids Together)
- Reflection – The Daily Examen (Parents, then Practice at Home)
- Understanding Faith In Children/Centering Prayer (Parents, then Practice at Home)
- Scripture – Wondering Practices (Parents, then Practice at Home)
- Prayer – Praying In Color (Parents, then Practice at Home)
- Breaking Bread – Scripture Wondering (Parents & Kids Together)
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Copyrights: Vibrant Faith owns the copyrights to all materials. You have permission to use all images and files in the resource kit. You can use these files inside of your congregation as you see fit.
2. Terms of Service: We created Practical Tools for Raising Faithful Kids for churches and ministry leaders to share with their congregations and ministries.
We want everyone who engages in it to enjoy it and come to know and act on God’s callings in their life. We kindly ask that you only share Practical Tools for Raising Faithful Kids within your ministry context.
If you know someone outside your ministry context that would benefit from this resource, please refer them to our Practical Tools for Raising Faithful Kids webpage so they can purchase their own experience
3. Access: Your one-time purchase of Practical Tools for Raising Faithful Kids gives you lifetime access to the resource.
4. The PowerPoint slide decks are formatted for streaming video and require an internet connection. However, you are free to edit the slide decks and embed the video files for offline viewing.