Practical learning. Sabbath rest. Collegial support.
SAVE THE DATES
Nov 13-16, 2018 · Carefree, AZ
Jan 22-25, 2019 · Delray Beach, FL
JOIN US . . .
for a four-day training experience for pastors, diaconal ministers and church leaders that offers practical learning, Sabbath rest and collegial support. Leading Well events offer a unique blend of “nuts and bolts” skill development along with worship, retreat, and sharing of best practices. Come and learn with and from your talented colleagues across the country.
- Do you need to gain skills in staff and volunteer management?
- Do you need to think through a strategic or staffing challenge in your congregation?
- Do you need to be grounded in a sense of call, worship, retreat, and collegial support?
- Do you need to do all three and more? Keep reading!
- Refine your capacity to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Explore your gifts, strengths and values, and their implications for how you lead.
- Practice what it means for you to live and lead well.
- Learn ways to interpret your ministry context.
- Take time for worship, prayer, rest and fellowship.
Orientation for new Leading Well participants
Leading Well: Why am I here? What am I wrestling with?
What is God up to in me, in my community, in my world?
Becoming a Healthier Leader
Communicating and Collaborating Among Ministry Teams
Dependable Strengths- Part 1
Changing Your Church’s Culture
Dependable Strengths- Part 2
Sharing Wisdom through Crowdsourcing
Designing Your Leadership Formation Plan
WHO MIGHT BENEFIT FROM THIS RETREAT?
- Pastors who lead a ministry staff team.
- Diaconal ministers and program staff who work with paid and volunteer team members.
- Diaconal and health ministers serving congregations to support wellness ministry initiatives.
- Those who are newly called to lead a ministry team and are interested in sharpening their leadership skills.
- Judicatory leaders seeking to support congregations in developing healthy cultures and systems.
Your facilitators for the Leading Well Learning Retreat include:
- Jim LaDoux: Conference Host, Facilitator & Coach
- Matthew Short: Chaplain & Worship Leader
- Tammy Devine: Facilitator, Worship Leader & Spirituality Coach
COSTS | WHAT’S INCLUDED?
Individual Rates include program tuition, and vary based on room occupancy, if you stay onsite, and if you are a Siebert Grant recipient. On-site housing includes 9 full meals, 3 night’s lodging and hospitality. On-site meals and hospitality are also included in the Commuter rate.
- Double Occupancy $825 per person
- Single Occupancy $925 per person
- Commuter $625 per person
- SIEBERT GRANT – Double No charge
- SIEBERT GRANT – Single $125
- Non-participating Spouse $425