Experience the power of images for spiritual conversation.
How It Can Be Used…
52 Visual Faith Experiences—you could dive into one every week for a year with a variety of groups at your church or in homes as a strong small group ministry resource. Use these simple-but-profound experiences for…
- People of all ages (you’ll need to do some adapting for very young children, but you’ll be surprised by the rich conversations these everyday images invite).
- ANY ministry gathering or setting, including team meetings, retreats, Bible studies, faith-formation gatherings or events, and more
Added “horsepower” for your Sunday School curriculum, or as the curriculum itself. It’s a great small group ministry resource.
- GREAT family devotions or conversation-starters (yes, we’ve tested these ideas in homes with real families!) Just text them out to your families so they have them on their devices and can pull them up ON THEIR TIME.
- Individual personal devotions or group devotion experiences.
- On-the-go spiritual conversations—the editable pdf format allows you to easily distribute them electronically, project them on a screen for gatherings, OR (yes!) EVEN print out copies.
— Experience How it works —
See the Story. Hear the Story. Live the Story.Our Vibrant Faith team has spent years developing Visual Faith as a go-to curriculum and small group resource for engaging people in surprisingly deep conversations about faith and life. We know from vast experience—nothing opens people to exploration and transformation more powerfully than a visual catalyst for spiritual conversation. It’s that simple. We’ve created 52 surprising ways for you to spark faith-forming adventures—our collection is flexible enough to be used as a full-scale Bible study curriculum or as a go-to small-group ministry resource or as the “meaty center” in a large-group teaching setting. You’ll find each experience easy to lead and rich in conversational fruit—that’s because this approach is grounded in decades of research and the life-changing teaching of Jesus. Jesus said: “Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light” (Luke 11:34, NLT). What our eyes see—what we take into ourselves visually—can “fill us with light.” That’s true literally and metaphorically.
Visual Faith faq's
Visual Faith uses multiple everyday images of our world (and some imaginative ones) in each experience. The curriculum does that because photographs help people make immediate brain connections with their own experiences. Visual Faith also consciously use images of everyday life, to reinforce that God is present in the everyday. Visual Faith also purposefully uses still images rather than video because we want to help people stop and reflect on their own stories rather than telling or joining a story.
Each Visual Faith experience comes with great questions for exploring both people’s stories and the biblical story. If you want to add or develop more questions, our template for great questions is: ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT GOD, SELF and OTHERS
Here are some examples:
- How would you describe this image to another person? What aspect of this image most grabs your attention?
- What story does this image tell?
- What story does this section of the Bible tell?
- How does the Scripture passage relate to your image?
- What emotions surface as you consider this image?
- Where might God be in this image?
- What would God be doing?
- What might God be doing in this passage of Scripture?
- Where would you put yourself in this image? (If at all.)
- Consider that passage as you continue to view the image. What is God saying to you from the passage?
- How is God inviting your story to be this story or passage?
- How does your image help you understand this passage in new ways? How might God be inviting you to follow?
We find the pairing of images and scripture to be a compelling method for Scripture engagement for today’s world. We believe that people of all ages and cultures can be engaged by this process and want to encourage churches to experiment with its use with all ages and between all generations.
For us at Vibrant Faith, the phrase “spiritual transformation” encompasses all the ways we come to have a more vibrant faith in Jesus Christ. Spiritual transformation is the big and little ways that the Spirit is working to help us to grow into the likeness of Christ.
2 Corinthians 3:18: “And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being changed into his likeness, from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.” (NRSV)
All of the images in the Visual Faith curriculum have been carefully curated from copyright free sources. We are allowed to copy, modify, distribute, and use the images, even for commercial purposes without asking permission and without giving attribution to the photographer. These images were released under Creative Commons CC0 into the public domain.The other portion of the images were curated from individual photographers who gave Vibrant Faith the rights to use them. Your purchase of the Visual Faith Curriculum gives you these same rights.
We love that you want to learn more about the science behind visual faith. Click below to learn more.