An Active Experience, Not Passive Consumption
Research shows that…
• Youth and adults are done with merely hearing about Jesus in sermons.
• They’re tired of merely reading about Jesus in devotions.
• They want to encounter Jesus—to know Him for who he really is.
They want to experience Jesus’ love, not just admire Him.
• To become a follower, not just a fan.
• To love others the way Jesus does.
They want to do that in a way that’s hands-on. They want to be part of a conversation, not a passive consumer of monologues.
They want to live a Jesus-centered life. Following Jesus is about creating rich environments for youth and adults to practice and live out this Jesus-centered life.
Following Jesus is a small-group curriculum experience that moves from a teacher-student model toward a model of active, participatory discovery, modeled after the way Jesus engages people in the Bible.
Until now, this rich combination of experiences, visual storytelling, and deeper-dive questions has been hard to find and harder to create. This approach is called “Discovery-Based,” and honors the insights and discoveries of everyone in the group, not just a few.
Following Jesus is a new small-group or church-class curriculum experience for the church—uniquely created to meet the deeper longings for relationship that youth and adults say they have.
Following Jesus Curriculum Experience
This Life-Changing 40 Lesson Experience Includes...
Created by Rick Lawrence—General Editor of the bestselling Jesus-Centered Bible and author of 40 books and curriculums, including The Jesus-Centered Life, the Jesus-Centered Daily, and The God Who Fights For You—Following Jesus is drawn from his own home-based ministry to youth and young adults. It’s an approach to faith formation and discipleship that is highly engaging, fluid, and deep. It’s participant-centered rather than leader-centered. Instead, these active and interactive experiences lead participants right to the heart of Jesus, where they can “taste and see” His goodness directly, rather than secondhand.
Rick has curated 40 of the best of these interactive experiences from a storehouse of almost 300 he’s developed over the last eight years, crafting Following Jesus to be the ultimate resource guiding you and your ministry to:
- Encounter the love Jesus has for doubters, skeptics, and believers.
- Learn how weakness and fear can help you know the heart of Jesus for you.
- Think about the world the way Jesus does and lean into the events we commonly experience with a new kind of understanding and love.
- Approach relationships the way that Jesus does—vertically and horizontally.
- Impact real-life relationships and the surrounding community with a new sense of purpose that’s rooted in a Jesus-centered life.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How does Following Jesus differ from previous curriculums I’ve used?
Other curriculums have always relied on a teacher “monologue” to drive the learning experience. Following Jesus is a vigorous, creative set of participatory discovery experiences and conversations—participants interact with the teacher, with each other, and ultimately with Jesus as process what they are discovering.
Each lesson is embedded with hands-on activities and/or visual storytelling. Conversations are weighted and driven by penetrating, thought-provoking questions and follow-up “debriefing”—the leader is guided to interact with what people are saying and what the group has discovered.
Teaching the way Jesus teaches is critical—He often spurs growth by using metaphor, story, and parable. In creating Following Jesus, Rick uses video in the same way—metaphorically, just as Jesus used storytelling. It’s central to the way people are engaging the discovery of Jesus.
2. How will I access this?
You’ll get a link to access materials in your purchase confirmation and a separate email.
3. How long does access last?
When you purchase Following Jesus, you have lifetime access to the materials.
4. Can I edit the materials provided in Following Jesus?
Yes! The Leader Guide, Participant Guide, and PowerPoint Slide Deck are all customizable to your ministry context.
5. Can I share this with other team members?
Yes! Sharing among your ministry teams at your church is fine. If a colleague at different church or ministry in another church would like to use Following Jesus, please direct them to the website so they can purchase their own copy.
NOTE: All videos are in .mp4 file format.
Windows 11 and under may not open an MP4 file without a codec or third-party decoder. Microsoft recommends installing a compatible MPEG-4 decoder pack or third-party media player.
By downloading these files, you are agreeing to our terms of service.